The Convergence is a new mono block power amplifier from Tron. Designed to offer exceptional performance for a very modest price – £2995. The Convergence offers the same unique design and build quality as Tron’s top of the range electronics.
Here are some design features:
- 50watt Class AB design
- Input sensitivity switchable for 1.2 volts to 3 volts
- Very short signal path
- Exceptional power supply
- Solid state design
- High quality film capacitors
- Precision matched parts
- High quality custom transformer
- High quality gold RCA input connectors
- WBT speaker binding posts
- CNC machined chassis
- Hand assembled in England
- All parts supplied by English companies
- Input:- 2 x RCA (1 x AC connected, 1 x DC connected)
- Input Impedance:- 1.2v = 62K ohms, 3v = 66K ohms
- Input Sensitivity:- 1.2volts RMS & 3volts RMS (Switchable on rear panel)
- Output: Connections:- 2 x 4mm binding posts
- Output Impedance:- 0.07 ohms
- Damping factor @ 8 ohms is 114 @ 16 ohms is 228
- Output Power:- 50 watts into 8 ohms
- Frequency Response (8 ohm load):- 20Hz – 65KHz (-3dB)
- Power Consumption (230v):- Idle – 8watts
- Power Consumption (230v):- Full power – 90watts
- Size (L x W x H inc feet): 335mm x 170mm x 108mm. Weight: 4.7kgs each
- Recommended sensitivity setting (< 94dB loudspeakers):- 1.2 volt setting
- Recommended sensitivity setting (> 95dB loudspeakers):- 3.0 volt setting
Hi-Fi Plus – coming soon!
Hi-Fi News – coming soon!
Hi-Fi World – coming soon!