The Convergence is the latest new phono stage from Tron. Designed to offer exceptional performance for a very modest price – MM £900, MC £1000. The Convergence offers the same unique design and build quality as Tron’s top of the range electronics.
Here are some design features:
- Passive RIAA
- Very short signal path
- Choke regulated power supply
- Valve/Tube complement: 2 x 12AX7, 1 x 12AU7/5814
- Separate filament supplies
- High quality film capacitors
- Precision matched RIAA capacitors
- Ceramic valve/tube bases
- High quality custom MC transformers
- High quality gold RCA connectors
- CNC machined chassis
- Hand assembled in England
- All parts supplied by English companies
- Input:- 1 x RCA (L & R)
- Input Impedance:- MM 47K (48dB gain), MC 470R (68dB gain)
- Optional “high gain” MC 117R (74dB gain)
- Input Sensitivity:- MM – 2 volts RMS for 5mV input. MC – 2 volts RMS for 0.5mV input
- Output: Connections:- 1 x RCA (L & R)
- Output Impedance:- 600 ohms
- Frequency Response :- 20Hz – 20KHz (+/- 1dB)
- Power Consumption (230v):- 17watts
- Size (L x W x H inc feet): 335mm x 170mm x 108mm
- Weight: 3.15kgs
The output stage has a low impedance high current output, which enables it to be used with any pre-amp or main amplifier, whether valve or transistor, or even a transformer type volume control (TVC).
Convergence – Charlie Chan (April 2015)
Hi-Fi Plus – coming soon!
Hi-Fi News – coming soon!
Hi-Fi World – coming soon!